Saturday, June 13, 2009

GORTAT!

Reebok and Gortat from Orlando Magic have a small shoe contract and they're asking him to," either to wear higher socks to cover the MJ ink, or to apply makeup over it so it will not be noticed for the rest of the NBA Finals".

Gortat's response:"Ha!"

In so many words ...

"'They called and said I had to do something about it, but that ain't going to happen,' Gortat said after Tuesday morning's workout.

'I've been wearing it 4-5 years now, and it helped me get to the NBA. They didn't say anything about it when I signed the contract, so it's not going anywhere. I don't think they are paying me enough to take it off.' [...]

'I've heard from other people that even other players, if they don't know my name, they know I'm the big white guy with the Jordan tattoo,' he said. 'I like that. Reebok will have to get used to that.'"

To paraphrase Dylan at Bootlegger Sports, what a hilariously clever response. On the NBA's biggest stage, Gortat's not only shown that he's a competent big man that someone will unquestionably overpay in free agency, but that he's also loyal to the richest shoe manufacturer in the world. Genius!

Yes, you might as well start placing your Nike "Air Gortat" orders now. They'll be all the rage come October."


-PONYBOY

No comments: